Matthew R. Eason | Business, Real Estate, Employment, and Bankruptcy Attorney
Attorney Matthew R. Eason has been practicing law in Sacramento since 1992. Mr. Eason earned his law degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law where he graduated 9th in his class out of over 200 students. At commencement, he was awarded Order of the Coif for his academic achievements. Mr. Eason was also chosen by his professors as a top written and verbal advocate, and was awarded the prestigious Order of the Barristers.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Eason graduated from California State University, Sacramento with a degree in Business Administration, and a concentration in Accountancy. While a freshman in college and only 18 years old, he also obtained his real estate license and put it to immediate use working part-time as a real estate agent while attending school. This educational background and experiences have proven valuable in his practice handling business law, real estate law, employment law, and bankruptcy law matters.
Mr. Eason was fortunate enough to have the very unique experience of working as an elephant trainer at Marine World Africa, USA (now known as Six Flags Discovery Kingdom) during his summers and school breaks throughout both college and law school. It was working at this job that he learned the most about problem solving, and how to think outside the box.
Having met in law school, Mr. Eason is married to Jennifer A. Eason a fellow member of the firm. They live in the heart of Sacramento, and are very busy with their two teenage children and their sports.
When not spending time with his family, Mr. Eason is actively engaged as a middle school rugby coach. He also regularly serves as an official for USA Rugby and as a judicial and appellate officer for the International Rugby Board. He has received various appointments to international test matches with countries including Ireland, Wales, and Georgia, and has been appointed to the Las Vegas 7s and various World Cup Qualifying Matches.
Education & Certifications
- BA California State University, Sacramento
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
Bars & Courts
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Eastern district of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
- National Association of Structured Purchasers
- Judicial Officer, International Rugby Board
- Appellate Officer, International Rugby Board
- Lecturer and Speaker at Attorney Seminars
Honors & Awards
- Martindale Hubbell AV peer Review Rating
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
- Order of the Barristers
- order of the Coif, McGeorge School of Law